Release 7.2.0 is now available.
Major refactoring before major release update.
Making Many long name methods deprecated and
new short name methods are provided to reducing file size.
Some people complains that 'jsrsasign' is too huge to use in the web sites.
The 'jsrsasign' is 'swiss army knife' style crypto library which
has a lot of functionality some users may think not necessary.
So I'm planning to remove all of deprecated codes in the next
major release 3 month later (may be 8.0.0 in July) to
to shrink size. Until then please use
Release 6.2.0 is now available.
Cipher class added.
Release 6.1.0 is now available.
OCSP protocol support added.
Release 6.0.0 is now available.
Now "jsrsasign" become "fs" safe so that it will be available
for CommonJS or Webpack.
- Slides for jsrsasign introduction is available.
Release 5.0.6 is now available.
Now jsrsasign can be used in strict mode (--use_strict) of Node.JS.
Release 5.0.4 is now available.
There is no library and npm update but
sample Node scripts
are added. Especially I hope jwtverify tool is very useful for JOSE guys :).
Release 5.0.2 is now available.
RFC 7638 JWK thumbprint
Some file read/save functions added for Node.js
Release 5.0.0 is now available.
Mac class some issue fix and extra features for Mac passwords.
It is also affects to JWS class.
RSA JWK without P/Q/DP/DQ/COEFF.
NOTICE: Release 4.10.0 was declined because of semver violation.
- Keypair and CSR generator demonstration page is available.
- Release 4.9.0 is now available.
Certificate signing request (CSR/PKCS#10) support is added.
- Release 4.8.3 is now available.
ASN1HEX.dump() ASN.1 dump functionality is added.
ASN.1 dump tool is also available.
- Release 4.8.2 is now available.
Small fix in
npm jsrsasign officially released.
- Release 4.8.1 is now available.
now supports RFC 7517 JSON Web Key(JWK) loading for RSA/ECC private/public key.
- Release 4.8.0 is now available. Now jsjws is
marged into jsrsasign and is a part of jsrsasign.
Full JSON Web Token(JWT) validation functionality and its demo is added. Bower support is also available.
- Release 4.7.2 is now available. Parsing X.509v3 extension methods added in X509 class.
- Release 4.7.1 is now available. This is a small update. Please see ChangeLog.
- Release 4.7.0 is now available.
- RFC 5126 CAdES Long Term Signature support
- Demo for CAdES BES/EPES/T is here.
- Release 4.6.0 is now available.
- RFC 3161 Time Stamp support
- Demo for time stamp request
and response are available.
- Release 4.5.0 is now available.
- RFC 5652 CMS SignedData generation
- simple CMS SignedData generator tool
- Release 4.2.2 is now available.
- PKCS#10 CSR(certificate signing request) support in keyutil.js
- AuthorityKeyIdentifier v3 extension support in asn1x509.js
- Fake certificate converter tool from CSR for factorable.net key check
- Release 4.2.1 is now available.
- Add generic PEM private/public key exporting method KEYUTIL.getPEM and it provides support to export to PEM PKCS#8 encrypted private key.
- Node.js npm module of jsrsasign is now registered in the repository. It also includes 'jsjws'.
- Release 4.2.0 is now available.
- DSA/ECDSA algorithms is now supported most of class and methods like Signature, KEYUTIL, KJUR.asn1.x509 DSA
- KJUR.asn1.x509.X509Util.newCertPEM method to provide easy issuance of a certificate by JSON data.
- Release 4.1.6 is now available.
- DSA signature algorithm support (However Signature and KEYUTIL class don't support yet)
- KEYUTIL.generateKeypair method added
- ASN1Util.jsonToASN1HEX method added
- HmacSHA384 support
- Release 4.1.3 is now available.
- ASNUtil.newObject update for tagged object
- PKCS5PKEY class was moved to KEYUTIL class and KEYUTIL class has more generic getKey() method.
- Release 4.1.2 is now available.
- Release 4.1.0 is now available.
- RSAPSS support in Signature class.
- add useful init() method for Signature class
- add ECDSA support and getKey methods to PKCS5PKEY class
- Release 4.0.5 is now available.
- Message authentication code (MAC) class added.
- Release 4.0.2 is now available.
- RSAPSS signing and validation fix by Davegithub.com/davedoesdev)
- Release 4.0.0 is now available.
- ECC key generation and ECDSA signing and verification support
- Currently supports secp256r1, secp256k1 and secp384r1 curves
- You can specify other curves such like secp192r1 or NIST P-521 however
it can't be signed nor verified properly with other curves.
I appreciate if you fix the bugs.
- Release 3.1.3 is now available.
- Release 3.1.2 is now available.
- add some methods to 'pkcs5pkey.js' to load encrypted PKCS#8 PEM private key.
- Release 3.1.1 is now available.
- add some methods to 'pkcs5pkey.js' to generate encrypted PKCS#5 PEM private key.
- Release 3.1.0 is now available.
- CRL class added to issue CRL.
- Release 3.0.5 is now available.
- method getRSAKeyFromPlainPKCS8PEM added to PKCS5PKEY class to load
unencrypted PEM formatted PKCS#8 private key.
- Release 3.0.4 is now available.
- hash algorithm script rsasign-1.2.js uses was changed from Paul Johnstons's to CryptJS.
- static hash method md5,sha1,sha256,sha512,ripemd160 added to KJUR.crypto.Util
- Release 3.0.3 is now available.
- ExtKeyUsage class added to asn1x509.js.
- Release 3.0.2 is now available.
- Signature class now supports signature verification.
- Release 3.0.1 is now available.
- MessageDigest/Signature class now supports MD5, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, RIPEMD160
- QUnit unit test codes also be published. This may be useful
- Release 3.0.0 is now available.
- New feature: ASN.1 encoder class, MessageDigest, Signature class like Java JCE, certificate issuance.
- Merged contribution by David Halls. Thank you Dave!. Now jsrsasign supports PKCS#1 PSS and OAEP
- Release 2.0.0 is now available.
- Now support reading passcode encrypted PKCS#5 RSA private key in pkcs5pkey.js. See
- Release 1.3.1 is now available.
- add readPrivateKeyFromASN1HexString method to rsapem-1.1.js
- Release 1.3 is now available.
- enhanced X509 class support for getting basic certificate fields.
- enhanced ASN1HEX class to refer decendant ASN.1 data
- API document added.
- Release 1.2.1 is released. Minified scripts are added.
- Release 1.2 is available for fixing critical zero padding bug and supporting some other hash functions.
Old News Summary
Back to TOP.
- Release 3.0.0: May 10, 2013 - ASN.1 encoder, MessageDigest and Signature class like Java JCE, PKCS#1 PSS and OAEP support
- Release 2.0.0: Apr 14, 2013 - encrypted PKCS#5 private key support
- Release 1.3.1: Apr 14, 2013 - add readPrivateKeyFromASN1HexString method to rsapem-1.1.js
- Release 1.3: Mar 11, 2012 - X509 and ASN1HEX class enhancement
- Release 1.2.1: Mar 3, 2012 - minified scripts (*.min.js) added
- Release 1.2: Apr 30, 2012 - Critical zero padding bug fix and some other hash support
- Release 1.1: Sep 25, 2010 - Web contents update
- Release 1.0: Jun 03, 2010 - Initial release at